Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New Leader - Same Old Arrogance

As reported in the National Post Dec. 6, 2006 (Dion refuses to give up French citizenship), arrogance remains alive and well at the very top of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Seems Stephane Dion is rather touchy about his dual French citizenship. If he were Celine Dion, nobody would care. But this man has the theoretical potential to become our Prime Minister. It matters. He doesn't get it (our GG did), and dismisses our concern, apparently because his view is more valid and must not be questioned.

Quotes (decrees) from the "new" Liberal leader:

"He may keep his opinion to himself. I am proud of who I am, and I am fully loyal to my country. I think I have proven it, and no one will question it."

"End of the story"

"Move on"

Wow. Seems Stephane Dion missed his calling. He needs a country with a monarchy to fill.

He may be the new leader, but the attitude is as old as the Trudeau legacy. Three days on the job and I'm already sick of the new tune.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So do you suppose one of the CBC comedians will announce an online petition urging the new LPC leader to officially change his given name to Celine?